Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 2015 Monthly Favorites

Short but genuine favorites this month, all of these are products I love and use all the time, or products I didn't expect to love but now reach for regularly.

Benefit Gimme Brow

This is starting to dry out now, which is unfortunate, because that means I might need to pick up a new one (20$ is way expensive for little hair patches on my face). They came out with another new brow product at the drugstore which I may try out first. 









Julep Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment 

This is the first time ever that something that looks like a gloss has been non-sticky on my lips. Basically, while I don't think this has done anything magical for my lips, it has allowed me to have a gloss without actually having to wear a gloss.

It isn't worth the 20$ price tag I think, although they have a lot of backing as to why it works. I do think it is worth the $8 per item of getting it in a good Maven box. So if you are a Maven subscriber, or are okay with canceling by phone, or are good at skipping things on time, swap this in sometime.



Orly No Bite

I have a serious love-hate relationship with this stuff, but it is going on my favorites because the only time I bit my nails in the past several weeks was when I got sick and stopped staying on top of this. On the one hand, it works, it stays on me for 2-3 days even with showers, and it looks pretty and shiny when applied. On the other hand, it tastes terrible (the actual point), and sometimes if my nails touch things then they also taste like bitterant (think of trying to eat fresh fruit).





Fortune Cookie Soap Eat Me Perfume Sample

I had no intention of even actually wearing this, I completely expected to hate everything about this because I hated the last perfume oil I got from them. However, it is really good, it smells like pineapple upside down cake, though the pineapple note can be a little artificial if you are actually smelling your wrist (some of my layering experiments have also brought out this artificial smell). The throw is perfect, where I can smell it but it isn't invading the nose of people bravely trying to stick to a diet, and it lasts all day. I stuck it behind my ears and I guess it absorbed into my hair from there because wow it smells so good.


Cindy-Lou Manizer

 I wasn't expecting to like this product that much, I don't tend to get particularly excited about highlighters, but I received it in a trade because it was shattered, fixed it up, and have been using it ever since. Going into the spring time and a very busy time of year for me this product is the perfect blush and highlight product for my face when I want something subtle yet glowy. I still hold a firm belief that The Balm is all about packaging, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to buy their things. I will be in search of a dupe for this product because I don't want to purchase it full price, since I'm not particularly in love with the packaging on this product anyway. BUT, if I can't find a dupe I will definitely repurchase. 




No comments:

Post a Comment