Sunday, February 8, 2015

Geek Chic Cosmetics Swatches

Not going to lie, I got a huge batch of indie orders in at once, photographed and swatched everything, and then totally forgot to write up this post. Anyway, this is an indie which specializes in- you guessed it- geeky makeup. I ended up trying one blush and a few eyeshadows, but they also have their own lip glosses, lippies, a small shade range of foundations, solid scents, nail polish, finishing powder, and they recently came out with their own eyeshadow primer!  Since having made this order I have already made two more orders as gifts.

On the sample jars there is only the back label with the ingredients, but even the ingredients labels are adorable and themed, which I love. In addition they sent me a sticker and a button as well.

 I tried to swatch by fandom, which I managed to do with all except these two eyeshadows. For the record, this was done over elf eyeshadow primer like always. These are some of the most pigmented and easy to apply indie shadows I have ever seen, and the colors are amazing.

The top one is We Are Coming from their Timey Wimey collection. The swatch catches the base but there is some truly gorgeous red and gold sparks in there.

The bottom is Samwise the Brave, which I got because Samwise is the true hero in Lord of the Rings. Also, this is a beautiful antiqued gold color.


 From the Superneutrals collection, the top color is Rock Salt which is a very heavy-on-the-glitter highlight. This swatch doesn't capture how beautiful the shimmer is though,

Idjits over Power Up Primer
The bottom swatch is Idjits which I expected to like a lot more than I actually do. The green/gold sparkles don't show up very well, even over the appropriate sticky primer. You might as well not be committing to green at all.

The top swatch is Clementine Will Remember. Now, as someone who has never played the Walking Dead game I don't know all of these references, anything having to do with Clementine included. However, the shadow was very pretty. It has a deep black base with tons of gold sparkles (look to the bottom of the swatch). This shade could really benefit from a glitter primer.

Inked in Pink in a vertical swatch,
He's Korean over Stay Don't Stray
horizontally. They intersect in the
upper right corner. 

The bottom swatch is He's Korean, it is gorgeous and sparkly and easy to apply. It reminded me a lot of the inked in pink Maybelline Color Tattoo so I did those swatches for you as well.





This is a terrible swatch of the nerdgasm blush, which according to Geek Chic is supposed to be their take on the Nars Orgasm blush. I don't have the Nars blush to swatch for you, but I've swatched it at Sephora a billion times, and  the Nars blush is so sheerly pink it may as well just be a highlight. Geek Chic has a very orange color to it, I will definitely experiment with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment