Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balms

I'm fairly certain I mentioned these in a favorites at one point, and I discovered they carry the whole line at Target, so it's not even difficult to go get them. While I was tempted to buy the entire collection my wallet and vast lippie collection has thanked me for not doing so. Instead I have almost the entire collection, minus Pixi Pink because I told myself I was not allowed to buy more hot pink lippies.







Price: 8$ per lippie
If you are really into them though they do a set of three (comfort clear, honey nectar, and ripe raspberry) for 16$.

They also do sets of 4 on Birchbox.com for 28$, but that is only a 4$ savings where the set of three for 16$ you actually get one free, so its cheaper (even if you want the whole collection actually)

Scent: They have a sweet scent to them, which I personally find absolutely delicious.

Feel: They go on smooth and don't have any of the waxy feeling you get from original Chapstick or EOS, but they still feel quite moisturizing.





Colors and Swatches:
Left to right; Ripe Raspberry, Coral Crush, Natural Rose, Honey Nectar



Comfort Clear- clear, it is weirdly pink in the tube, but goes on completely clear, and without any noticeable formula change.







Honey Nectar- a pink nude, my personal favorite as it is my go to MLBB color.








Natural Rose- a semi-mauvey pink and a close color match for UD's Revolution Lipstick in Rush. When I was working through a lipstick sample of it, I brought along Natural Rose to be my lip balm touch-up color.



Coral Crush- An orange leaning coral.








Ripe Raspberry- A raspberry red. I was concerned about the hand swatch, because it looked very pink, but it is subtly raspberry colored, like after you've eaten a whole bag of frozen raspberries (no? just me? okay) except that it is evenly colored.



No comments:

Post a Comment