Thursday, February 26, 2015

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro


 Yet another collection from Baby Lips, I think there is 4 now if you count the originals.


These are only 4 of the six shades because, as I have mentioned before, I am allowing myself no more hot pink lippies. Every time I say this though it seems like pink would have been a good option to swatch, but it is what it is.




The tubes with a little product rolled up so that you can see what I am putting on my lips:

The MSRP on these is $4.




Here is the product swatched on my hand (I also discovered that they look beautiful on a tissue but that is not an accurate representation of this product so it isn't here), the yellow and the green are very sheer, only the orange and the purple seem to have any real pigmentation.

It was this difference in pigmentation that made me wish I had bought the other two pinks, because I can't say how those would react.







Fierce N' Tangy (Yellow)- There is nothing fierce about this product. I do get a slight yellow sheen, but it is so sheer that the only thing its going to do is make you look jaundiced. It does smell lemoney though, so that is pretty fun.






Minty Sheer (Green)- it is sheer alright, basically a clear lip balm. There is almost zero pigmentation to this one. This one smells minty, like spearmint.






Oh! Orange-  Finally something with pigmentation. It makes my lips a very subtle coral color, nothing particularly electrifying about it. I think they tried to do an orange scent with this one, and then failed miserably. The scent is weak a little weird like they couldn't be bothered to choose between Orange Crush and True Orange.

I don't know how you mess up the smell of oranges, especially when you clearly understand the smell of lemons.



Berry Bomb (Purple)- This was what I was expecting from all of them. It has the traditional Baby Lips scent and a sort of electric sheen to it.

To the right are swatches of the Clinique Baby Tint in Flowering Freesia. Clinique's runs a bit pinker, which is why it is not as electric, but they look similar enough that if you want that very sheer wash of moisturizing color without the 17$ price tag, you could pick Berry Bomb up instead.


Final Thoughts

Overall, the collection seems okay. I did go ahead and do some searching for lip swatches of the pink and red colors, and those ones looked pigmented as well, so they just happened to completely fail on the two most interesting and unique shades in the whole collection. I would recommend these to young girls (they have coordinated scents, and bright packaging, but are so sheer it's pretty difficult to screw up) and people who like the idea of a truly sheer moisturizing lip color but not the price tag of higher end products

No comments:

Post a Comment