Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blushie Perfume Review


 Blushie is another etsy perfumery that I made an order from. I loved all of these perfumes so much that I wish I had ordered more than three samples from them. This post has been edited to include the reviews of a friend of mine. She has a similar sense of smell but different skin chemistry, and she was aware of only the names on the bottles and not the notes that were supposed to be there.

**Disclaimer that things smell differently to different people and on different people, and that I am exceedingly picky so this is an absolute rave perfume review.

Shipping and Packaging

 So embarrassingly enough, I totally thought that these perfumes took forever to get here but I like to actually check before I mention that in a review. In reality, it took them three business days to ship out my package (when their stated TAT is 3-5 business days), and then it took 4 days to actually get here. Basically, I am a silly impatient person, and their shipping was just fine.






I was nervous again when this one showed up in just a bubble mailer but all the samples were very well secured. Inside the bubble mailer the perfume samples were inside of a pillow box wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap, and the actual samples themselves had been wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap before being placed inside of the pillow box.

 They gave me a free sample of their sweet pumpkin soap, which I will be passing onto a friend but the gesture was sweet and I was very surprised by how agreeable this particular pumpkin smell was. Also, their soap bars are some of the most adorable little things I have ever seen. I highly recommend that you check them out if you are a soap person because not only are the designs pretty, but if their perfumes and the one sample I've tried are any indication, the scents are wonderful.




Also, have you seen these labels? The packaging is beautiful and the samples are generous.





Scent Reviews









The Cake is a Lie ★★★☆

Company Description:I made you a cake. Well, it's not actually a cake. But it smells of rich dark chocolate, vanilla extract, and a hint of nutmeg. It has less calories than a real cake, and will last longer too. 
In the Bottle: In the bottle is smells unique, possibly leaning toward the bad side of neutral. I can't pick out a lot of notes with my novice nose from the bottle, it just smells like a mixture of things that aren't sure if they feel like going together.
On the skin: Actually, it reminds me a lot more of the taste of tiramisu (or the Olive Garden variety that I have tried) I think it is because of the nutmeg and the artificial chocolate note, which combined with the vanilla extract lets me imagine there is some coffee in there
Sillage: ✦✧✧✧ (very weak, even behind the ears where it is warmer and the scent can be caught and distributed by the movement of my hair)
Lasting Time: Max 3 hours

Susannah: 
(In Bottle) "Very chocolatey"
(On Skin) "Kind of smells like coffee, very sugary coffee"


Amaretto Tiramisu  ★★★☆

 Company Description: Rich and intoxicating, imagine layers of ladyfingers, cocoa powder and mascarpone smothered in heavy cream and rich amaretto coffee and you've captured this fragrance.
In the Bottle: Tolerably awful in the bottle, on the wand from a distance though it has an almond extract type of scent.
On the Skin: So, to me this smells exactly like a yellow cake. I get no coffee smell and no anything else, just cake.
Sillage: ✦✧✧✧ (very weak, even behind the ears where it is warmer and the scent can be caught and distributed by the movement of my hair)
Lasting Time: Max 3 hours

Susannah: 
(In Bottle) "All almond"
(On Skin) "Sweeter and more sugary, essentially smells like amaretto on my skin"


Raspberry Vanilla ★★★☆☆

 This wasn't within the range of my expectations, I was expecting either a raspberry creamsaver type of scent or a raspberries and whipped cream sort of scent or something soft and feminine. On me at least, it is very girly smelling. I do really like it though and will probably end up using it more in the summer time.

Company Description: Raspberry vanilla is a sweet, fresh blend of raspberries, blackberries, vanilla and a touch of plum. It’s a classic, feminine fragrance that's sweet and fruity without being overwhelming.
In the Bottle:  Same as on the skin
On the skin: Not getting a lot of vanilla, it mostly just smells like raspberry lemonade. That may just be the artificial raspberry berry notes overpowering the vanilla though.

Sillage: ✦✦✦✧✧ (exactly where I like it to be, wears close to the body but not unreasonably so)
Lasting Time:  6-8 hours

Susannah: 
(In Bottle) "Smells like raspberry lemonade. You kind of get the vanilla faintly once you stop smelling the raspberry though"
(On Skin) "Similar on the skin"

Final Thoughts

Overall, while I was disappointed in the sillage and lasting of the gourmands, everything smelled good, the shipping was good, the packaging is adorable. Given how picky I am with perfumes, this is a completely rave review, and I will 100% be ordering from them again. This is one of the best indie perfume experiences I have had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment