Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Spring 2015

 And this season's theme is Wonderland! I am very excited because I have been meaning to read Through the Looking Glass for quite some time now and expect to be able to get around to it this season.



Upon opening the box you get a waft of floral and fruity fragrances which is my personal favorite of all the boxes I have received. Everything looks very bright and festive and it came with an adorable little butterfly!






Here is the list of all the things we got in the box this time. This was a really interesting box, it was a ton of fun to get some more unique products to try out.

This month, I'm doing blind smell tests of all the products, mostly because it sounded like fun, but partially because I find that I have a hard time picking out the notes in FCS products, the same trouble I have with mainstream perfumes.






 First things first, our hand sanitizer in We're All Mad Here.
I love their hand sanitizer because they don't overload it with fragrance, so even the scents that come off to me as a little too strong turn out alright in this format.

Blind Smell: A heavy floral, maybe honeysuckle?

Description: Playful mint waters and natural leafy green notes perform a masterful balancing act with musky rich cedar wood. 

I failed, but it smells pretty good so I guess that's all that really matters.


 This month we got a new product from FCS- incense cones (in the scent Who Are You?). There are a lot more in the bag. but I pulled out two to show you what they look like. They remind me of little horns. Good news, they give you instructions on how to use these on the card.

Blind smell: Smells like sweet artificial fruit mix, possibly mixed with a floral. I actually quite like it, but its a little strong, I can't imagine increasing the smell.



Description: A mysterious mixture of crisp, ripe, pear twisted with tart limes, vanilla orchid, and a dash of raw cane sugar. 
Maybe my nose isn't a failure after all.

This month's whipped cream is in the scent It's Only a Dream. Oddly enough, we did not get the usual one of four fragrance options, this was the only scent available. I have to say it was a little odd not getting mystery whipped cream, though it did keep me from being disappointed about not getting another fragrance.

Blind Smell: Just flowers.Not sweet, but not bitter. Floral. I am very on the fence about the smell of flowers, I'm not really into this whipped cream.

Description: Calming verbena, lemongrass, calla lily, and citrus blended with leafy greens, ylang-ylang, rose wood, and ozone. 

Not entirely off, it is mainly plant based.


 This product made me wish I took baths. This is a bath tea, kind of like a bath bomb, but in this adorable tea bag looking thing. The scent for this is Twisted Tea Party.

Blind Smell: A little like tea, and a little like soap.

Description: A light refreshing green tea with notes of sweet herbs, vanilla bean, cucumber, golden amber, and hints of neroli and geranium, stirred with a bright sprig of spearmint. 



I got the tea right, though I was personally leaning toward black tea and not green tea. It may have been the cucumber and spearmint that reminded me of soap.

I thought this was a shower steamer at first, but apparently it is a bath bomb in the scent "Off With Their Heads!". I will still be putting this in my shower with the goal of seeing how this works out because
a) it smells like roses and I like roses
b) I don't take baths
I should be doing an empties post sometime in the near future, so I'll make sure to mention how this went over.

Blind Smell: To me it smells mainly like roses, but I do get a little bit of other florals which is probably a strange plant I can't identify and some citrus.

Description: Groves of meyer lemons and succulent oranges mingle with a perfectly manicured garden of wild roses, violets, and star jasmine perfumed with romantic tones of bergamot and Egyptian musk.

I am beginning to suspect that the scent I keep defining as floral and reminiscent of mainstream perfume may in actuality be musk notes. Other than that though, I was spot on.


Almost to the end of our box, and we come upon a bright orange bottle of Futterwacken body wash. I don't go through much shower gel but it looks so bright and fun I might keep it anyway.

Blind Smell: Exactly like orange otter pops. I don't know what that means, but it pleases me.

Description: Sunwarmed lilies brightened with a splash of grapefruit and a breath of fresh air.
 I lost this little perfume oil in the box before, so that's why the background and lighting of this photo don't match up with the others. This box has had the most adorable packaging I have ever seen, the little bottle being my favorite.  It is called Eat Me.

Blind Smell: A friend of mine described it as being like a peachy-o in the bottle, it smells more like a pineapple gummy bear to me though. On the skin from a distance it smells faintly cake like, similar to pineapple upside down cake.


Description: Scrumptious yellow cake with a fresh slathering of rich, creamy vanilla frosting, topped with fresh white pineapple slices and garnished with a sprig of blooming cilantro. 






 Finally, the product this box was named after our fortune cookie soap in the scent Almost Alice. I am in love with the color and eh about the smell- right on par for FCS's soaps

My fortune: "You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head."

Blind Smell: Old grandma perfume with just a splash of brightness.

Description: Fresh green snap peas and juicy pears brighten this bouquet of sweet pea flowers, and freesia sparkled with ripe berries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment