Sunday, March 1, 2015

Products I Would Bring Back from Extinction- OBT Prompt #2

"This week's prompt from OBT network is 'Name one or more discontinued beauty, skincare or nail products/shades that you would bring back if you could!'!  Our Beauty Talk is a beauty forum community where we talk about subscription boxes, beauty skincare and more!"

This is difficult topic for me, because even with products I love, I tend to understand why they were discontinued. I did manage to put together a little list, though there is probably more justification than is absolutely necessary:



The vast majority of Innocent and Twisted Alchemy's collections- most particularly though I would LOVE for Live or Die and Lovely Tomie (read the manga here) to become permanent. And a lot of her sub shades, because I won't wear Wintertide very much, but it is the most beautiful and complex aqua color and I want to shout from the rooftops that everyone who likes blue eye shadows needs to purchase it immediately. 


However, I do know that making collections for such tiny niche fandoms permanent may not be feasible, and that subscription specific shades are a big plus for a lot of people (not me personally, but I assume other people). It would be super cool though if one shade from each sub box became permanent.



And of course swatches so you can see the gorgeousness of the actual eyeshadows. In these swatches I did my best to capture the sheen,but not so much the base. One of my favorite things about Flaming Antidote (left) is that it is a pretty wearable pink on the base but then suddenly shifts into this bright amazing color. Wintertide is actually just that shiny, but the camera didn't quite grab the scattering of sparkles throughout. 






Bath and Body Works Anti-bacterial Hand Lotion- I am trying to move away from handsanitizer/anti-bacterial products because more and more studies are showing that they are bad for you. However, I will always use them camping, and I will always keep one or two around but I don't want to be constantly using them. Anyway, these were moisturizing, and sanitizing and for the most part they smelled really delicious and I'm going to miss them. 


It should be noted that they were discontinued because triclosan is not entirely filtered out of the water, and so it gets washed back into rivers and causes environmental issues. So, while I loved them I won't be starting a protest or angrily contacting customer service to get them back to anything.





Revlon Beyond Natural Cream to Powder Quads- I 100% understand why these were discontinued. Their texture and actual performance is absolutely terrible, but the colors are spot on. I had no idea how many colors are actually used on a quality nude eye, but these are so intuitive and easy to use. I love cream products especially because they are easy to blend and super quick to apply and don't need any sort of primer. 

Spice
Buff













The Weekly Roundup

Because this is a part of a blog network, other people do these prompts too. The weekly roundup is a collection of all the blogs that did the same prompt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment