Saturday, March 21, 2015

Most Recently Failed Product(s)- OBT Prompt #4

"This week's prompt from OBT network is Name the Last Beauty Product That Was a Failure for You!'!  Our Beauty Talk is a beauty forum community where we talk about subscription boxes, beauty skincare and more!" Now, since I cannot seem to force myself to write about only one thing, there are also short reviews on two of my other recent fails below. 

Macadamia Healing Oil Spray (2oz Travel Size which is enough for several weeks of regular use can be purchased for under 10$)

So, I don't have an issue with my hair getting weighed down, in fact it usually helps with my frizz. This oil doesn't make my hair feel greasy, I think this could be a really good oil for some people, but I hate the smell and it contains silicone.


Now, I am by no means trying vilify silicone. Silicone is the bomb for a lot of things, particularly temporary fixes. That's why it is so commonly used in primers and such because it masks flaws safely and temporarily. The reason this is an issue for me is because I'm not in search of a hair oil that will make my hair look nicer temporarily, especially if I don't like the scent. What I was in search of was a treatment that would actively work to make my hair better without extra and unnecessary ingredients.

If you have thick or coarse hair, intend to use this to make your hair look nice for going out on a day-to-day basis, and do not have overly sensitive skin I recommend that you find a place where it is sold in stores and if you like the smell of it, you should try it out.

Some other memorable (and expensive) fails include:

It Cosmetics CC cream- The only thing greasier that I have put on my face is pizza. The coverage was good, I heard such great reviews, I wanted to love it so much, but unless you have extremely dry skin I don't think this will work for you. However, if you do enjoy a lot of the Asian snail skincare, the second ingredient on this is snail secretion filtrate. 

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer- THE ORANGENESS, how is it that a three dollar elf bronzer isn't too orange, but a twenty dollar one turns me into an oompa-loompa? I am never paying 20$ for a bronzer again. Also, I apologize for not having a photo, apparently I didn't photograph it before I returned it. 


Model Co Volume Eyes Mascara- To be fair, this one was kind of my fault. I know that I hate volumizing mascara, but this clumped and flaked and didn't do anything for my lashes at all length wise.  



No comments:

Post a Comment