Friday, March 6, 2015

Black Rose Minerals Angry Rant

So I made an order with Black Rose Minerals on December 16th. I received no order invoice, just my notice of Paypal having paid them. Her TAT had a maximum time of 35 days, which was fine because she was upfront about it. For future reference, there is this handy-dandy business day calender  which has confirmed for me that this meant that the order should have shipped on February 6th at the latest.

 Then after her TAT had passed I was starting to get concerned. I sent her an email (stupidly through her contact me page though so I can't look up the date) a few business days before asking politely about where my order was because I get it, life gets in the way, she's human. I waited several  business days, no response.

Then I filed a claim with Paypal (February 12th was when Paypal confirmed its existence),emailed her again this time perhaps not as polite as I should have been because honestly, I was angry and I had read way too many horror stories about this shop at this point. I asked to cancel my order and have my money refunded, and I told her that this kind of behavior and complete lack of communication was unacceptable. I then waited another 4 business days with no response before I escalated it to a dispute with Paypal (February 18th).

I finally got confirmation of a tracking number (which was not what I had asked for) on February 23rd. The label was made on February 24th, and it was checked into an actual postal facility a couple of days later (which is good, because I had heard that many times she did not actually ship the orders at all). It finally arrived the following Monday, and the products are good enough, but there are places with way better customer service where I would much rather have spent my money instead.

Honestly, all I wanted was communication. She sent me a note with the package and in the Storenvy email with the vague and cryptic explanation of "life gets in the way sometimes", and that's not good enough. There were so many other ways to handle the situation, and she went ahead and chose one of the worst paths she could take.

No comments:

Post a Comment