Monday, March 23, 2015

Birchbox March 2015 Unboxing

Last month I got my Birchbox, but I did not review it because the only thing I enjoyed was the sample I had personally selected. I am however interested in 3 different products in this month's box, and the box itself is absolutely adorable. There were a ton of possible box combinations (the tops and bottoms for each box were randomly selected, but I think I got the best possible one for me).



 I am a complete sucker for creativity themed things as well, I am a crafter and I love making things, so the box theme appealed to my soul, the products were functional, but didn't quite match the theme. I was expecting more cosmetics and more oddly colored cosmetics in a creativity themed box.





Again, I adore the packaging this month. Look how perfect and adorable the pillow box is! Bonus, it is polka dots and the sides are my favorite rose pink color.

This is what the box looked like when I opened it.




My hair oil leaked. It still leaks, unless kept upright. There is a minor oil stain on the bottom of the box, but luckily the tissue paper managed to absorb most of it. I will eventually get some use out of it, but I have a ton of other hair oil samples as well. People do rave about Beauty Protector though, so I am excited.




 Next, we have No. 4 clarifying shampoo and repairing hair mask. I will use the hair mask, but the clarifying shampoo will only get used if I go swimming.
 Jouer Moisture Tint Lumizing Sunscreen. It has a really good SPF and matches my skin tone nicely, I'm excited to use it for more dewy looks.





WEI Manuka Bee Venom Anti-Wrinkle Mask. This is where I begin to doubt the personalization of Birchboxes because there really should have been a question about age and skin concerns where wrinkles were not specified as one of them because I am not even old enough for my skin to have stopped producing more collagen.

Far left is the Jouer Luminizing sunscreen,  and on the right Mirenesse Cheeky Kiss
 Mirenesse Cheeky Kiss Mini Lip Crayon. I love my Mirenesse mascara, so I was excited to try this. It is a good product in a beautiful color, and this was the only thing that lent itself to any creativity at all because it gave instructions on different ways to use it.  The stick itself is adorable and tiny, they say you can use it on your cheeks, blot the color down to a matte shade, or leave it glossy. However, you can do this with a lot of lip crayons like the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Lip Colors.





Overall, I would say the personal value of this would be 10$, at least for me. I LOVE lip crayons, and Mirenesse. I have been in search of good hair oils forever, so a hair oil sample from a well loved brand is fine by me. I only go swimming a few times a year anyway so the clarifying shampoo is the perfect size, and I am always looking for great hair masks. The sample sizes are usually large enough for me to get a few uses out of each product, and then that combined with the points system is what really makes the box worth it for me.

If you review every product (review meaning answer a few quick questions, you don't need to have tried the product, and you don't need to review publicly) two boxes will get 10$ off in the Birchbox shop. They don't have EVERYTHING but they do have a very wide selection of higher end brands. I like to splurge on my base (foundation, concealer, skin care) and Birchbox points are a good way to find base products you like and get good discounts on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment