Sunday, November 2, 2014

October Empties

Alright, here in my basket you can see this month's empties. You might be able to tell, but by the time I've gone through a product it is typically rather abused.

Today, I'm just going to go through the products and talk about what I thought of them and if I'm going to repurchase them or not.

I'll also show you photos of the full size products on most of these, since these are either so old the packaging has changed, sample size, or otherwise damaged.


Proactiv Clear Zone Body Lotion- I might do a completely separate review on my opinion on Proactiv products because I have tried quite a few. But I also might not, because they are currently having supply issues and are switching over to a new line of products. It is kind of a nightmare.

As for this particular product, it smells fine and it really does work, it has helped control my acne really well,  no clothes staining because this particular product is salicylic acid and not benzol peroxide. It's for body acne, and I really like it for the off days when I don't shower. The one downside is that it is a lotion, and so it can be really difficult to get on places where one might get body acne, like your back.  Have been repurchasing for a while, am moving on to a different product though. 




Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer- I got this as a free bonus sample in one of my shipments, and I really like it. It is great at moisturizing with a light soothing scent, but it doesn't feel overly heavy and it doesn't break me out. A little goes a long way, and I've had this sample for a while. Strongly considering repurchasing. 






Wen Replenishing Spray- This is a moisturizing nourishing spray for your hair, it smells amazing, and because it is all natural there is no perfumey type smell to it if you are sensitive about your fragrances like I am. It makes your hair softer and I use it to help detangle my hair in the mornings. It isn't as strong as a detangler you might buy at the store, but it helps without smelling bad or making your hair oilier than it already might be. Most of their scents smell good when you put them on, but then fade out so you only get faint wiffs throughout the day, very unobtrusive.  Have been repurchasing, will continue to do so. 




John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo- I think it's a pretty average shampoo. I ended up using it up because of the smell. I usually use Herbal Essences, but this went better with the ginger pumpkin conditioner I use.  Might repurchase, I have another month of fall left.







Briogeo Hair Mask- I got this in my ipsy bag, and at first I absolutely hated it. I hated the smell, I was disappointed in how it worked, I hated how small the sample was, and then I read the instructions. So typically, the hair masks I own go on dry hair, and I pin it up, leave it in, and rinse it out in my next shower. This is more of a deep conditioner, where you wash your hair, and then work it through and leave it. Once I did that it worked a lot better (no miracles though), and the sample went a lot further, but overall it was pretty meh. Won't repurchase. 

Biore Pore Strips- I use these weekly for my nose pores, though if you want to feel really pleased with how much gunk you pulled out of your pores, I recommend using it monthly. I get whiteheads and blackheads on my nose, and this helps out with those. Will repurchase. 

Sheer Cover Concealer- This was a daily concealer of mine for quite a long time, but now I've actually bothered to invest in some other ones that I like better. This is a creamy, but not overly creamy concealer with good coverage, it blends out nicely too. Overall, good quality, but it comes in this unfortunate duo so I can only ever use half the product.  Won't repurchase. 





Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry- I loved this lip crayon a lot, a great moisturizing tinted lip balm, and it was large enough that I was actually able to hold onto this long enough to use it up. I rarely ever go through lip products because I misplace them so regularly. I also really loved this color and the way it looks on me, but I got this as a gift, and am pretty hesitant to spend 20$ on a lip product again.  May repurchase, but taking this problem and turning it into an excuse to search for dupes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment