Saturday, November 29, 2014

Black Friday Sephora and Ulta Haul

I went Black Friday shopping yesterday, and among stocking up on some basics and buying a ton of crafting supplies, I couldn't resist hitting up Ulta and Sephora with a friend of mine. I was super excited, and might have gotten enough mascara to last me the next year. You can also expect some later hauls from pre-Black Friday online shopping, and Cyber Monday shopping as well.


Ulta:

The It Cosmetics CC cream and the Benefit They're Real Mascara were all I got from Ulta this year. They weren't on sale but they are the deluxe sample sizes from up by the register, I think they ran at 15$ and 10$ respectively.

I personally wouldn't worry about needing to be at Ulta on Black Friday. Where I live, the place was practically empty at 7am, and none of the deals interested me.

Now, at first I really had no interest in the They're Real Mascara, but a close friend of mine recommended it to me, and I thought it may be worth a shot.

Tip: deluxe sample sizes are my favorite way to purchase high end mascaras, because in the time that they last I never actually manage to go through a whole tube anyway.

Now, the It Cosmetics CC cream. CC cream is not something I'm typically willing to splurge on. However, I have heard very good things about how full coverage this is, and am interested in seeing if this could be a one step foundation/moisturizer/spf substitute.

Sephora:

 This was so much fun to hit up on Black Friday, and I was highly amused by the amount of clueless lone men in the store. The cashiers were super friendly there, which isn't always a guarantee when you shop on Black Friday.

So, this was the Tarte 10$ set, and I fell in love with the Amazonian Clay Blushes when I was in store, even asked for this years blush palette for Christmas, so getting to pick up deluxe sample sizes of a blush and their mascara for 10$ was easy peasy even if I won't use the lip gloss.
 I haven't used anything by Too Faced before, so this was a no-brainer.  Though, I am hoping at some point to get their Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, because not only is it the perfect shade, but it smells like chocolate. However, 30$ is about 3 times more than I am willing to pay for a bronzer, so it's probably going to have to wait awhile.


 Originally, I had no plans on getting these, but my current sponge (the 6$ one they sell at Walgreens) is getting old, and these looked like they have a similar texture to the Real Techniques Sponge, but in a shape I am more used to using, and in adorable mini size!.

The Urban Decay Black Magic Eyeliner Set. These are 5 double ended eyeliners, and almost all of the are in really wearable colors. This was 25$, which is only 5$ more than buying one pencil, and I get to try out 10 colors.

People rave about these for the waterline, and since I've never actually tried them on my eye, I thought I should give them a shot.





Did you guys go Black Friday Shopping? What did you get, or what would you have gotten if you'd gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment