Saturday, November 8, 2014

Fortune Cookie Soap Box- Winter Unboxing

Alright, for those of you who don't know, the Fortune Cookie Soap Box is a seasonal box (aka quarterly) from the Fortune Cookie Soap company, that contains samples of whatever collection they will be releasing soon. 

Also, funny story, I accidentally ended up with two boxes this month so I got to look in a whole other box. It's the exact same except for the body butter though, but I can tell you how I felt about that one too.

This time, the theme is "Old Fashioned Family Christmas" and you can expect quirkily named scents designed to remind you of the season.

Below is the open information card, which shows you pictures of the products, tells you what their scent is supposed to be, and what it is. Because these are samples from a smaller company, this is extra important, as you will get unlabeled products in standard wholesale bottles.








 Last month I had an unlabeled hair oil sample, and perfume sample, this month we got what (I think?) is a lotion bar, cuticle cream, and deep conditioner. 
 Here's the soap bar for the month! Every box has a full sized fortune cookie soap, and a full size hand sanitizer.

"'Tis the Season to be Mary" Fortune Cookie Soap
 Buy this for your wife...God rest her soul.

A hint of sweet almond with warm swirls of tobacco

This doesn't smell like cigarettes, for the record, it smells like actual tobacco, which I still don't like very much, but it's kind of interesting.

Maybe it will grow on me once I put it in my bathroom, like last season's apple cinnamon soap did.

Yes, the soap does come with a fortune, I took a picture of mine so you guys could see it. 

 Next, this month's hand sanitizer:
"Mele Kelekimaka" OCD Hand Sanitizer
With visions of swimming pools dancing in your head. 
Tropical spiced rum, Tahitian vanilla,sprinkled with jasmine petals and twisted woods. 

I presume this particular scent is for when the heater quits on you in the middle of December and all you want to do is be on a tropical vacation.

The nice thing about these hand sanitizers is that you can smell their scent, but it's not so strong that everyone in the room suddenly turns to see whose perfume spilled on the floor.

 

Now, this is a shower steamer, which I am so excited about. It smells herbally, like mint and trees, kind of like one of those aroma therapy anti-cold steamers, if anyone else has ever used one of those. I don't take baths ever anymore, so this is great for me. 

"I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Shower Steamer
They want you to say the damn grace...!
A brisk and outdoorsy blend  of blue spruce, and balsam fir, fresh mint, and garden herbs. 






I think this is supposed to be a lotion bar, it is quite soft and emollient feeling, but I personally hate the scent of it. I think a lot of people would really enjoy it though. 

"Sparky" Hydrate Me
We dedicate this to the FCS Family Christmas, drumroll please!
Scrumptious vanilla pumpkin waffles topped with brown sugar, pecans, and sheets of fresh whipped cream. 

If you look on the information card, it's supposed to look like a Christmas light, but while it has the shape, the coloring was terrible, and this is the case in both boxes. 



"Moose Mug" Cuticle Butter
Can I refill your egg nog...?
Rich cream, egg, and a touch of nutmeg. 

I absolutely love the way this smells and am excited to try it out.

In both boxes the jars came unlabeled despite that they are labeled on the information card.  



"Fried Pussycat" Whipped Soap
Because who doesn't want to smell like a fried pussycat!
Juicy plum and whipped caramel wrapped in artisan burbon vanilla and jasmine blossoms

The name is absolutely terrifying, and I'm not entirely sure what the point of whipped soap is, but I'll definitely try it out. 



"Jello Surprise" Whipped Cream
A little cat kibble never hurt anyone!
Festive plum with a zesty curl of citrus, all wrapped up pretty-like with winter orchid and soft sandal wood. 

This is the one pictured here, and my personal favorite. You can get one of four different body butters in each box. 

 Yes, it does have a slightly greenish tint to it. 




"Christmas Bonus" Deep Conditioner
Our third annual mystery fragrance!

This smells really good, but it has no scent information, because you're supposed to email your guesses to them, and whoever gets it right gets a 50$ FCS gift certificate.

 




That's it for this box! Tell me what you thought about it in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment