Friday, November 14, 2014

Birchbox Unboxing- November 2014

 This month, the outer packaging came in a cool red box, because this month Birchbox partnered with an aids awareness group called RED.  The box underneath is still the same though, as you can see here.

I know that a lot of people haven't seemed to like Birchbox, but this is my third month now and I'm really liking it. Some months, I even like it more than my Ipsy.
 When you open up the box they use red tissue paper, and the front of their card has an explanation about how November is a month for giving (a notion I really like because that is a very sweet take on the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday), and that's why they partnered up with RED. The back has all the items on it, but I try to avoid looking at those because I like to be surprised.
 Initial view when I opened up the box, and the first thing I noticed was that there was a snack in my beauty box.
 I'm still pretty weirded out that there is a snack in my beauty box, but I already know I like these. It wasn't a flavor I had tried before, but I ate it last night and it was just as delicious as all of Justin's other packets.

I take these for afternoon snacks, and I bring them backpacking with me. I recommend giving them a shot if you like nut butters. They have chocolate peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut butter, and chocolate almond butter, as well as honey peanut butter, and honey almond butter, and then also just peanut butter and almond butter packets.

So, I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but it wasn't what I was expecting, and I don't think I want it to be a continuing trend.

- This was technically a bonus item, so in that regard it's pretty cool. This is a full size packet, however you get like 10 in a pack for 12.99$


 So I peeked on the website about this item, because Birchbox said I was going to be getting a body butter and, while I do too like body butters, I am on the hunt for the most nourishing winter skin body butter for my friend and I wanted to see if this was a good candidate.

It's a pretty good body butter, it doesn't smell medicinal like other super nourishing body butter samples I've gotten, but it also doesn't work as well as the medicinal body butters. Also, the reviews raved about how good it smelled, and it has an okay scent, it's unoffensive, but I wouldn't say it's super great in my personal opinion.

Full Size- 34.46$
 I wouldn't pay that much for it, but it should be noted that you get a ridiculously large amount of body butter for your money. The full size is 13.5 oz


 This is another deep conditioner/hair mask style product. I did have to look this one up on the card, because initially I wasn't sure what it was. I haven't tried it yet, but I certainly will.

Full Size- 25$
 This is a pretty good sample size, it isn't like the teeny tiny tubes you sometimes end up with that feel poorly packaged (since, let's face it, packaging is very important when you are trying to assign a high value to scented liquid).

This perfume is exceedingly floral, it does smell high quality, it doesn't have an alcoholy or signature perfume smell (do you know what I mean?), but it is straight up floral, and not for me.

Full Size- 68$




 The first thing I thought about htis particular product, is that it is very small. I know this is a really nice brand, and that it is just a face product, so this will last me a long time, but that is all I think about.

It's actually a pretty cool looking product though, I haven't fully tested it out, but I swatched it and it matches my skin tone (and has magic self-adjusting stuff which I adore more than I should), it's got good pigmentation and some impressive coverage, it also has SPF 40.

Full Size- 32$
This is a full size eyeshadow/eyeliner stick, I haven't tried it out, because today was a snow day, and so I put on frost princess makeup instead, but I did swatch it. It is a very blendable, silvery shimmery brown color. I think it will make for a gorgeous winter brown.

I'm pretty excited about it, but I haven't actually worn it yet, so we'll see how it goes. I have issues getting a lot of eye crayons to stay on my lids, so we'll see. Technically it says this could be a l,iner, but I don't think it has anywhere near enough of a point for that.

Full Size- 15$

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this box, I'll be using most of the things in here, and I might even purchase a couple of these in full size. Physical value wise, it is worth way more than 10$, and even to me personally (what I would pay for the samples I end up using), this is well worth it.  What do you think about Birchbox?


No comments:

Post a Comment