Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Clinique Chubby Sticks- Mini Review + Swatches

If you don't know, I have a love affair with Clinique's Chubby Stick formula, particularly with the color Super Strawberry. When I went to Sephora last week, I found that they had a chubby stick family with four different colors of deluxe sample chubby sticks for 25$.

It's really moisturizing but not thick or gloopy, and all the balms give sheer but distinct washes of color, which Clinique refers to as an almost-lipstick.

They are really a great product, but they get kind of pricey (19$ for a full size one), and there are so many colors. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to do some lip swatches and show you what they look like.

On camera, I find the colors aren't quite as distinct as they are in real life though, so keep that in mind.


  
 These are my bare lips, so that you can see the difference between my lips with and without product. I tried to take all the pictures with similar lighting and in a similar position 





 Curviest Caramel- stick on the far right, a sheer nude color, and I actually really like it, because it is a lot softer than an opaque nude lip, and a lot of girls can get away with this, even if you are too pale to do a traditional nude or it is difficult to find your particular nude shade.







Super Strawberry- most definitely the darkest shade I will wear on a day-to-day basis, but it also makes me feel really glamorous. This is a deep pink color, the tube just to the left of Curviest Caramel

 Broadest Berry- In the tube it is a deep purple, and this is how it swatches on the lip. A little too dark for me, so I passed it down to my mom who tends to wear darker colors than I do.


Mega Melon- a coral colored lip, it leans a little more towards orange when swatched on the hand though. I'm not sure about coral lips, I really like how coral clothes look on me, but I haven't quite gotten into the coral lip look.






These are all the colors I have to swatch, though there are quite a lot more of them available. If I were to recommend it for someone, I would say it's best for people with low maintenance makeup or lip routines, the lip chap addict in your life, anyone with a purse that more closely resembles a bottomless pit, and anyone who isn't sure about intense color, or doesn't want to use a mirror to apply their lip color. Though, looking back on it, that is probably the majority of girls.

 As for the packaged set, they are good sized lip products, and I think they cover a really wearable range for the vast majority of women, as it is a pretty neutral lip palette.

Comment below with your holy grail lip product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment