Friday, November 14, 2014

Eclipse Concealer Palette First Impressions and Swatches


 Today, I got the Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer palette, and I thought it would make a good first impression Friday post.

So here you all can see the case and what it looks like when you first open it. It contains 3 correcting shades,1 highlighter, and 11 concealer shades. Something that was mentioned in another review I saw was that this contains mostly concealers with pinky undertones, which I definitely agree with.



So people with olive undertones especially may not like this concealer palette as much, or if you are buying this to work on a variety of people, this palette doesn't cover those skin tones.

However, the vast majority of white women should be able to use this palette just fine, and I did purchase mine for the purpose of concealing, correcting, and contouring, so this suits my purposes well.



 The swatches correspond to the rows on the pallette, so this is the first row, the second image is the second row, and the third image is the third row.

I always swatch concealers and foundations on the back of my arm, because it's about the same color as my face.


While pretty pigmented, as a concealer should be, I layered the lighter shades on pretty thick so you would be able to see them, they sheer out nicer than this.

The formula is a drier cream concealer, which is good because I tend to like that better for facial concealing, but it's still easy to use under the eye area.

This also came in a recent Glossy Box I think, but you can buy it from the Coastal Scents website here.

You can get a lot of these in the single pots for your own palette, but currently they don't have the highlighter, the correcting colors, or the darkest colors available.


No comments:

Post a Comment