Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette- Review and Swatches

Hey everyone, today my Revealed Palette came in the mail and so I thought I would do a review. While Coastal Scents is a mid-range brand, the palette retails for about 20$ and in my area I couldn't find it in stores.

I've gotten a few of the Revealed samples in my Birchbox and from trades with other girls, and I really loved all the colors and the quality of the shadows, so I picked it up when it was on sale at Zulily without a second thought.


These photos are of the packaging it came in. I happen to like the look of it a lot. This palette is a neutral palette as you can see, so if you aren't too big of a fan of neutral looks this may not be the best choice for you.

A lot of reviews I've seen have raved about it being great for travelling. To give you an idea the palette measures 7 x 4 x .5 inches.

For an eye shadow palette with this many shades, it is compact.  The packaging and the palette aren't heavy, and there is a magnet which holds the cardboard lid in place.
 Here you can see swatches of the first row of shadows on my arm. The very first shade (the blondish color) is actually about my skin tone and doesn't show up very well off camera.

As for the quality of the shadows, I'm a huge fan of the pigmentation and variety of finishes. I also really love the texture, because even though they are powder shadows they feel almost creamy, while still maintaining a soft feel and blendability.


Here you can see the second row of colors swatched on my other arm. I was a little nervous when I saw how dark the palette looked overall, but everything is really wearable and it has all the basic neutral colors you could want, with just a few really muted but more colorful shades mixed in.

I would personally recommend this, especially with the holidays coming around. It would be a good gift for someone who uses and knows how to use makeup as a gift-worthy makeup staple, or maybe for a teen who is just starting out, as a high quality first set of eye shadows.

(or yourself, because you deserve presents too)

No comments:

Post a Comment