Friday, October 24, 2014

Urban Decay Primer Potion vs. Benefit Stay Don't Stray


If you are going to spend 20$+ on an eyeshadow primer, it's nice to be a little more informed beforehand. These are two primers I have heard tons of hype on, and so I decided to compare them. They are both great products, but there are certain aspects of each that may make one work better for one than the other.

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original) vs. Benefit Stay Don't Stray

(Note: Pictured is the full size Urban Decay Shadow Primer, but the deluxe sample of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. It came in the Primping with the Stars Kit.)

Amount of Product and Cost

Urban Decay (original) is 20$ for .2 fl oz

Stay Don't Stray (in fair/light) is 26$ for .33 fl oz

Texture
Urban Decay's comes out as a gel, while Benefit's goes on as a thick liquid.

Applicator

Urban Decay is in a squeeze tube, Benefit's deluxe sample (which you might get if you purchase a kit) will apply with a wand like you would get in a lip gloss, however the full size uses a pump.

Color
Both blend in really well with my skin tone, to the point where I can't really swatch them. Benefit's is a lot more opaque and brightening on the lid, while Urban Decay as promised goes on so sheer it's practically invisible.

Staying Power and Shadow Potency
They both seem to hold shadow in place really well, but I feel Benefit's brighten the shadows and the eye more.

Overall

Stay Don't Stray is my personal favorite of the two, especially because I have visible veins on my lid so having the shadow primer conceals my veins and also preps my eyes.

However, Benefit only has two shades and I think as an African American woman this might not blend well, Urban Decay also has a very soft and invisible feel to it, Stay Don't Stray is more noticeable in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment