Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Zulily- A Rant

They have good prices on good things, but everything else about the company is a nightmare. I'm not talking about the long shipping, because that is to be expected. They make bulk orders from companies when they host an event, so they don't place the order until the event ends (which makes you wonder why there are still items that sell out though). After that, they have to receive the items from the company, and then pack and ship them. What I am talking about is cancelling orders, shattering products in shipping, using ridiculously large boxes for no apparent reason, and their inability to honor a guaranteed Christmas delivery commitment.

 My very first order from them came pathetically packed, my products were not only in a ridiculously huge box for their size, but also had no padding and rattled around loosely. As such, one of my eyeshadows came to me broken. However, upon emailing their customer service they did refund me my money and added a 10$ credit to my account, so I forgave it.

Since then I have made several orders from them, and have noticed the same poor quality attention to product packing. I remember once I ordered a mug and it was an absolute miracle that it was in perfect condition because of how poorly they had packed it.  Their company response when there is a problem is to add a 10$ credit to the person's account. With that in mind, I have been given $50+ in credits due to their incompetence.

There have been several times where they canceled my order on me because they miscounted their stock, and TWO of my orders both with guaranteed Christmas delivery were delayed. On one it was fine, I didn't need it before Christmas though I had ordered it in November. However, the second one was a gift for someone, it did not arrive, and they did not communicate to me about it.

Bottom Line: This company has incompetent staff and horrific shipping, order at your own risk. I have had better experiences with dicey Chinese clothing companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment