Saturday, December 20, 2014

Influenster Vox Box Unboxing

**I did receive this box for promotion, all items were given to me for free from Influenster. I will always tell my readers when I do receive items for promotional purposes, but this will not affect my review.**

Influenster is an online review site, basically you write reviews on their website and connect with your social media accounts and you can earn points and badges and such things. They will occasionally send out surveys to see if you qualify for a Vox Box, which is a box of new drugstore products that they will send you for free. In exchange, you write reviews on the products and get the word out about it.

This is my box opening, initial thoughts post. There will be more reviews on the individual products coming along as I get the chance to properly test them. I apologize for any poor quality photos, I decided to open and photograph everything just after I got home from a party late in the evening.




 This is how the box came to me, you can see its not very well packed but nothing is broken or damaged in anyway, so I guess it worked out.









Next, I got this gentle eye makeup remover from Rimmel. I do already have a gentle eye makeup remover, but I'm not in love with it by any means so I will definitely test this out.
 Then I got some thyme from McCormick. I already have plenty of thyme in my spice cabinet though, which I think is also McCormick. However, I am slowly accruing some spices in fancier glass bottles from another company, and I wonder if this is McCormick's attempt to keep up with them.
 Now, some NYC lipstick in the color Sugarplum. I think it looks redder in the picture than it actually is, it reminds me a lot of marsala, the Pantone color of 2015. I will try it out and tell you what I think of the color, formula, etc. I have never tried New York Color products before, though I have wanted to.
 This is an anti-aging serum foil packet from Boots which I'm pretty sure is a drugstore brand from the UK. I don't need any anti-aging products as I am quite young, and also a foil packet is not enough of a sample to determine if you would like to purchase any sort of anti-aging product.


 There was also the Ecotools sleek and shine finishing brush. The label says it dries wet hair faster and nourishes the scalp for healthier hair. I'm all for brushes that I can use when my hair is wet, so this is probably the first time I will ever be reviewing a hair brush for you.
 It seems a little late to be sending out candy cane tea, given that it is now the 20th and I got this box on the 19th of December. However, I will drink it, and while I won't be doing an extensive review I will mention what I think of it in an upcoming post.

The Rimmel Waterproof Scandaleyes eyeliner pencil. I will test out both this and the eye makeup remover in a separate post. I might end up making it into a mini brand review, since I have one or two other products from them.










 This is from Redvines, and while I personally hate Redvines I am morally obligated to try all the candy offered to me because I have a huge sweet tooth.










Update- they smell strongly like fake fruit, you know like smoothie flavored candy, and they taste like fake fruit, but I actually kind of like them. They are somewhere in between a redvine and a fruit snack flavor strength wise, though they have a very fruit snack like texture. You can pull each bite into three separate strings, which is fun, and they look like they cost 2-3$ so if you like these kinds of candy or this sounds interesting, give it a shot.

Also, I did the water test (you know because when you eat fruit snacks or gummy bears plain water tastes absolutely awful for reasons I do not understand) and these pass. I can drink water after eating these without it tasting terrible. A little disappointing because you're expecting sugar, but not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment