Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ipsy Unboxing- December 2014

 This is my Ipsy bag for the month. It is a nice small size, feels like it's pretty good quality, looks very sophisticated-- until you see the zipper pull.

If I needed another makeup bag, I would totally be keeping this though.
 The card says "You are a: Fearless Heroine" and there are several different options for what you could have gotten: talented being, creative genius, brave soul, and inspiring original. To my amusement, a fearless heroine is probably what I am least like, considering I am afraid of everything.
 Oh look, another cleanser which I won't ever use. I've gotten several cleansers from Ipsy in the months that I have had the box, but I don't like trying out cleansers.

It's from Beauty Without Cruelty though, and a lot of their samples they send out are from cruelty-free companies, which I like.
 Crown Brush Infinity Shadow and Crease Brush. This feels like it's really good quality, and I have always wanted to try out a double ended brush, because I see the advantages, but also the problems with it. Because of those issues, I have been kind of reluctant to go out and purchase one, so it's really cool that I got one in this bag.
 I want to try out the Nyx Butter Lip Balms so badly, but I don't wear red. Well, sometimes I do a red lip, but that is such a commitment I don't like to do it with my lip balms. Also, I find often times red lip balms do not sheer out very well and it looks so weird on my lips when the coloring doesn't spread evenly and I have patches of red coloring.
 The small little tube is the tube from my Ipsy, it is a .1oz tube. I would be so excited about this, except I already have a larger sample of this (.13oz), and way too many mascaras to go through.

Finaly, I got this Pixi eyeshadow. At first I was horrified because I had a terrible experience with similar packaging, but it opens cleanly. The brush is less like a brush and more like a smudging sponge, but it works. I did try and swatch this but it's a metallic light pink and the lighting didn't feel like cooperating.












Now, I did decide to cancel Ipsy, so this is the last Ipsy unboxing you will be seeing from me. I was spending ten dollars a month on products I was never that jazzed about.  Even this month though, I'm only keeping two of the products. It has nothing to do with the quality of Ipsy: I think if I hadn't had the Tarte mascara already, if I needed more makeup bags, if I wore more red colored products, I would have liked everything about this bag. It would have been the best bag ever actually, but I don't.

Ipsy and Birchbox were my first subscription boxes, and from the reviews I had expected Ipsy to be my favorite. I do love the bags, but I never get that jazzed about the products inside of it, and I don't need any more makeup bags. Also, their points system is horrendous.


No comments:

Post a Comment