Thursday, December 18, 2014

Birchbox December 2014 Unboxing

 This month's box is another pretty box, though I accidentally drew on it try trying to open up the outer packaging. I did already peak, and I chose a sample this month, so I know what I am going to get, just not what they look/feel/smell like in person.



Here is what it looks like once you get beyond the paper. The first visible things are the Rusk Texturizing Spray, and a Rosemary Shower Gel.

I actually forgot how much I liked the smell of Rosemary until I opened this up. It is a very well done genuine smelling fragrance, they stay true to the base scent but have other notes that make it smell like something one would expect from a high quality brand.



Typically, rosemary is hard to make perfumey, but people do tend to make it smell like the kitchen spice cabinet. While I love my spice cabinet, I don't really want to smell like it-- not the kind of edible I'm going for. I don't use shower gel too often, so I imagine I won't be repurchasing it unless it is some miracle product, in which case you will hear about it.

I have no idea why I got a texturizing spray, as on my profile I mentioned I had very thick hair that I almost always let air dry. There is no styling involved in my day to day hair. Some days I can't even be bothered to brush it, since I know it will just look like I rolled out of bed two minutes later. So, I won't be using this product.


 Next, the Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara. It isn't a waterproof mascara, so I'm not sure how they expect it to stay on all day, and I know that water based mascaras are often not good at holding curl, but we'll see.

This was the sample I chose, because I've been on a mascara hoarding kick as of late. I don't like to put on waterproof mascara everyday, but my lashes hate to curl just as much as my regular hair does. The full size of this is like 30$, which is insane, but I thought I might give it a shot.

Finally, inside of the pillow box was the Amika Hair Mask, and the Embroylisse moisturizer. I will try out both of these, though I have heard mixed reviews on Embroylisse. However, I am completely stocked up on both of these types of products (3 hair mask samples, 1 full size hair mask, and 4 moisturizer samples) so it may take me a while to get to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment