Monday, December 15, 2014

Japonesque Brush Cleaner- First Impressions

I picked this Japonesque Brush Cleaner up at Ulta on Sunday, in the little impulse buy kiosk by the checkout. It was 6$, and as I had previously been using rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle (which doesn't remove much coloration from the bristles, but does seem to keep colors from bleeding over on your face), I thought I would try something more professional.  In full size (30$) it will cost you 2$ per ounce.

The instructions are fairly simple, spray product 6 inches away from brush, gently buff brush against a terry cloth to remove excess makeup. Ensure product is dry before using. This is my paraphrased version.


 Ingredients (quoted exactly): C11-13 Isoparaffin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethyl Trisiloxane, Limonene, SD Alcohol 40

There are warnings about the product being flammable, and you are supposed to keep away from eyes and face  (although I imagine this applies for the wet product, as rubbing alcohol is also something you don't want to get into your eyes).

This product smells a lot like my Julep Bare Faced Cleansing Oil, but upon doing research they share nothing ingredient wise, though they both have citrus based products in them, which is where the smell comes from.



The Elf Small Stipple Brush
is great for applying my powder
blushes
 In this photo, you can see my dirty makeup brushes, the cleanser, and my makeup cleaning terry cloth (which gets replaced weekly). So, I sprayed the product, buffed out the brushes, you can see the results on my individual brushes here.

BH Cosmetics Contour brush
is my favorite for bronzer


















The brushes are a lot cleaner than they were, though this does not take the place of a proper shampooing. Overall, the brushes do feel softer than they were before, and this is way gentler and more effective than rubbing alcohol. 
Flat topped buffing brush
I use this one for my foundation, powder
foundations especially. The small angled
buffing brush is fabulous for cream
to powder blushes. 

Here are the freshly cleaned brushes. I will continue to use this for daily use, and will update this post or create a new post if any new developments come up or my opinion changes.

The brushes I used were not high end brushes, but they are some of my favorites:

BH Cosmetics Sculpt and Blend Set

Elf Small Stipple Brush


No comments:

Post a Comment