Saturday, January 31, 2015

December and January Favorites

I was going to do individual favorites for each of these months, but they were rather busy and I was trying to rotate my makeup collection, so I didn't have a chance to figure out what fun products I was reaching for. Also, I initially published this on time, and accidentally reverted it back to a draft.

Old Spice Deodorant Wolfthorn- It really works better for me, and it doesn't smell musky like a lot of male deodorants do. In fact, you could probably find a scent dupe in the ladies section, it's just more difficult than I am willing to do because I 
A) prefer the Old Spice formula to the other deodorants I have tried 
B) Unlike lady deodorants, instead of telling you what it is supposed to smell like- they give it a dumb name like Wolfthorn because apparently men can't handle being told they smell like citrus fruit. 
Still hoping to switch over to a natural deodorant, but that is a problem for another day.




Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer-

This is such a good moisturizer, it absorbs quickly and feels very lightweight on the skin but also incredibly hydrating as well. It's one of the products where I put it on and I know it's actually doing something good. That is a good quality to have in a moisturizer because it is important to keep in your routine and having it seem like it works from the moment you put it on is rather motivating to my lazy self.



Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush-
To be fair I have only tried the one coral colored blush, but I specifically chose it because I use coral blushes regularly. The texture of this is very interesting, I hear a lot of people complain about pigmentation but this particular color at least works great for me, it blends well and doesn't stain so it is the perfect product to apply with just your hands. I no longer apply blushes with my hands as I have a few blush brushes, but when I was first learning about blush having a product I could use my hands with really helped out.




Organic Skin Shop Teeth Whitening Treatment- It is totally terrifying to put this black stuff onto your mouth for the first time, but it really works and it leaves my teeth feeling cleaner than when I usually brush them. Once you realize that your teeth aren't actually ruined forever, it's kind of fun to see the black on your teeth, and it doesn't taste bad at all (coming from a girl who hates 95% of veggies). A++ to Organic Skin Shop for making a $3.75 product that is unique, effective, and all natural.



Geek Chic Cosmetics Power Up Primer- I can tell you it is the best indie primer I have ever tried, but that is because it is currently the only indie primer I have ever tried. Regardless, a little goes a long way and it is a wonderful sticky base for loose pigments. It takes a lot less time to use than the Lock and Seal from Elf which, given my growing collection of indie shadows, is useful for everyday makeup application.






Larenim Pressed Mineral Foundation- Now that I have a buffing brush I cannot tell you how much faster this has made my mornings go. Because it is in a compact it can easily be transported and applied on-the-go without all the mess of a loose foundation, but the buffing brush keeps it from going on too heavy which is a hazard with the included sponge.
 I really like the way Larenim's foundation sits on my skin, and when I'm running late is acts as an oil-absorbing powder and a CC cream. The only downside is that, like all mineral foundations, it really doesn't have a lot of staying power without a primer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment