Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Birchbox Unboxing


 Well, according to the Birchbox sneak peak video, every month will now have pretty boxes which the subscribers are supposed to save. I am very pleased with the announcement of having all pretty boxes, and I will definitely try and get my life a little more organized.

The theme for this month is Let's Do This, because it is of course New Year's Resolution time, you know, those things everyone quits by February.
 The initial opening of the box, this is what it looked like.

 Disappointingly enough, the first thing I got was a face cleanser. I don't use a lot of cleansers on my face, and I don't like trying a bunch of different ones because I worry about allergies. When it comes to cosmetics I don't generally have issues, however, my skin is very sensitive to cleansers for some reason.







Next is a BB cream sample. I've gotten a few things from Dr.Jart and I can tell you I haven't liked a single one of them. The color matched my skin tone nicely and everything, but I don't use BB creams.










I was super excited about the brand and the product (I am a lotion addict), but I'm kind of meh about the scent of lavender. I will be passing this on to a friend of mine who is in love with the scent.

 Harvey Prince was the company that gave me faith in perfume, and it does smell good, but it comes across as a very elegant perfume, which is just not something I'm that interested in.

Savor the delicate notes of South African Freesia, Japanese Orange flower, and Moroccan rose – it’s like sipping a sweet, Alsatian wine in the light of the sun! 

I will also be passing this on to a friend who will use it more than I will. 
 Finally, colored eyeliner. It sets up nicely, smudges very little and is a beautiful antiqued gold color.  The swatch doesn't do it justice, but I tried.  I love getting colored eyeliner in sub boxes because I can never bring myself to actually buy them, and it is a great way to try out different eyeliner brands. If I like the quality in lime green, there is a 99% chance I'm going to like it in black too.




Overall, not sure this box actually has much personal value to me. It was a well intentioned box, I was very excited about almost all of the brands, but nothing really worked out for me. The full sized eyeliner runs for 11$, and it isn't the full size. I would pay 5$ for it I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment