Sunday, January 25, 2015

Notoriously Morbid Mini Review

To review for you today I have 1 blush and several eye shadows from Notoriously Morbid. They are a well-known indie company, I have yet to hear anything bad about them, and their themes tend to be dark and/or geeky.

This is not a review of all their products by any means, this is a very well established brand with a ton of different things to try including many more blushes, eyeshadows, a nail polish, lip glosses, balms, and tints, as well as a subscription service.

I have heard nothing but good things about their Coffin Kissers, and hope to eventually try those out if my lip product stash ever gets down to a reasonable size.

I purchased the Beauty Blogger Pack, so I did technically get these products discounted for review. I was able to choose if I wanted a full size blush or eyeshadow, but was otherwise unable to choose what I got. Still, I have to say I am incredibly pleased with what was picked out for me, and she threw in two mini jars for free, which is not something she had to do by any means.

Shipping and Packaging
I ordered on December 7th, my package shipped January 12th. That might seem like a long time, but it was the holiday season after being bogged down with Black Friday orders.

Inside of the bubble mailer, everything was nicely packed inside this plastic bag, which I like to see in the winter because it so wet and rainy. I like to know my products are extra safe.

Quality: Well distributed shimmer, good pigmentation. The color does not last very long without a primer, but there is not quite as drastic of a color difference between the product with and without primer as I often see in loose shimmer shadows, which to me says that these are high quality.

Appearance: The photos on the website do sometimes differ from what I saw in person, but this happens frequently with indies because of how hard it can be to photograph these things. What I did really like was that what I saw in my jar or my baggie was generally the same as how it appeared in my swatches, which is almost more important.

Price and Jar Sizes: Sample baggies are $1.25 each, a little more expensive than some other brands but completely fair. It is a lot of work to measure out, fill, and create separate labels for sample baggies. She does mini jars (the best thing ever when you are an indie junkie) for $2.75, and full size jars for $5.50

Customer Service: Did not have to contact.

 To the left you can see the two eyeshadow petite jars, one full size blush, and 5 eyeshadow sample baggies I recieved. I like that only one of my jars is black, as I prefer completely clear jars so that I can easily see what color everything is.

The eyeshadows have nice labels, with ingredients and the shade name on the back, the blush is lacking in a front label, but since it isn't a part of a fandom collection I like being able to see the color of the product from the top of the jar more than I care about a pretty label. I am a huge sucker for cute labels.



Top to Bottom, Cermet and Paesh, Shadow of Things, Stripper Zombie.

Now, this is a color range that I personally don't wear very often, but they are so gorgeous I will definitely try and create some looks with these.
Top to Bottom, Visions, Mother and Earth, Goblet of Red.

These were my favorite colors out of the set, probably partially because they are very fall-like. I went back and ordered a full size of Visions. It isn't quite as pale as I expected it to be, but it is a pretty gold leaning orange with just a hint of green, a very wearable non-coppery orange color.
Top to bottom, Goodbye Sweetie, Grand Oracle Blush.

Goodbye Sweetie is very interesting, because in the baggie it looks white, however, it goes on very sheer but has the strong golden sheen you see in the picture. I think it would almost make a better highlight than it does an eyeshadow.

The Grand Oracle blush is a matte purple color. I've had purple blushes before, but none of them have been matte. This is a much sheerer blush than I was expecting, I had to build up a good couple of layers to get this image, but that might actually be good in a purple blush.








Overall: long TAT, but very upfront about it. Quality products, fairly easy to navigate website, I had a great experience and will most definitely be shopping there again. This brand has earned its reputation.

My only possible complaint is that I don't know what the labels on the jars look like, or if it is typical for her to use custom label art on the minis or not. I know a lot of indies won't because it is expensive, but if anyone does there is a 95% chance they will have my business for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment