Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Be A Bombshell: The One Stick

I've acquired three of these in different colors over the past several months, and while there is some controversy about the actual quality of BaB products, I've yet to have any worrying quality issues with them myself. I have tried a few other products from this brand, and I do honestly feel they are overpriced. If I find a nice dupe for these from an indie company, I would gladly replace them. Usually, The One Stick retails for 16$, however they do occasionally go on clearance or on sale for 5$ a piece, which I feel is a fair price.
The image for the Flustered
The One Stick from BaB's website

I love the packaging of this product, I think it is the most practically packaged all-over-face stick that I have seen (though the lids are a little loose, so be careful about that). Most of the cheek/ all-over-face sticks I have seen are very large, which makes it difficult to use them on the lips even if you wanted to. The One Stick looks like it's going to be large, but the actual opening that the product comes out of is just a little bit larger than your typical chapstick, which makes it a lot easier to use on the lips and not just on the cheeks.


The texture of the product tends to be pretty gooey and creamy, it's a little strange and requires blending especially for the cheeks and eyes. The shimmery shades are the creamiest, and the darker shades seem to have better pigmentation than the lighter shades. On the lips the product is not moisturizing, but not particularly drying either, it doesn't bleed, but it is something you will notice that you are wearing.


These are the swatches of the colors, under my fake lighting the swatches look a lot more like their description than they do in real life. Girl Crush is intended to be a shimmery pale pink, in person though it has a vaguely purple hue to it, but I actually really like the color when I want a subtle purpley blush.

Flustered was described as a bright hot pink, but in the tube and in person swatches more as a true red with gold sparkles. I checked the label on it twice and even checked the site for any other color that might have matched with this one, but it appears to genuinely be what they see as hot pink.



Sunset was another one of my favorites, it looks very orangey here but in person it is more of a muted red, with some orange tones. After this you will get the opportunity to see embarrassing face swatches of each one, having put each color on my eyes, lips, and cheeks at the same time. These are all just iPhone photos, but hey, at least you'll know what its going to look like in your selfie!
Flustered- least favorite, weird texture,
terrible on the eyelids, pretty strong on
the cheeks.
Girl Crush- unique color, personal favorite
for use on cheeks. Lacks pigmentation elsewhere






Sunset- most versatile, the one color I actually felt relatively
comfortable putting on my entire face

No comments:

Post a Comment