Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Whish Hair Inhibiting Gel Review


So, I saw this product at Ulta the other day and was immediately fascinated by it. I couldn't find a lot of reviews of it, but it looked interesting so I went ahead and bought it.


Long story short, Whish is a natural organic good-for-you type of brand, and this product is supposed to replace your moisturizer and naturally inhibit hair growth. It's geared toward people who own a mountain of Bath and Body Works type products and actually use them in a reasonable amount of time (a.k.a. not me).

















I have provided images of the ingredients of the product, and the side of the box that explains which ingredients are intended for what purpose. If you can't read them you can double click on the image for a higher resolution view. I take most of my pictures with my DSLR camera now, so you can effectively do that with most of the pictures on my blog.












A bottle of the stuff costs 26$, which is pricey, but it is a pretty large bottle. It took only one pump do my lower leg (where I always test my hair removal products for safety reasons). If this actually does its job of inhibiting hair growth this will last you a while. You can also get this on the Birchbox shop using your points if you have any and they have all the scents BUT I highly recommend going to an Ulta and smelling them all first. The base of this product is really strong, so you want to make sure you are okay with the scent first. I liked almond the best. Coconut was okay too if you are into tropical scents, more like a pina colada sort of smell.














**I did these tests in April because I am a terrible blogger. Hence the references to spring. 


My left leg is using some VIVO lotion I have around, and my right leg is using the inhibiting gel. I couldn't leave my other leg without any lotion at all, so I chose a thin lotion that I've been trying to use up.

I epilated my legs on Saturday, and tomorrow or Monday I will be shaving them. Basically my current spring routine involves me epilating my legs on Saturday or Sunday, shaving them later to get off the surface hair, and then basically not shaving for a week unless I have an event or a date because I usually get to the point of wanting to shave again by Thursday.

First Impressions

After epilating I applied my products, inhibiting gel on the right leg and lotion on the left. The gel sank in really fast but did feel moisturizing. After I epilate anything I put on my legs for the next 30 minutes or so stings (which is probably why they tell you not to apply product to your legs for at least 30 minutes after), but both products stung equally. The lotion definitely feels more moisturizing at first, but the gel does moisturize and also sinks in super quickly. A few minutes later my left leg was itchy while my right leg still feels fine

Test #1

Day 1-  I applied the inhibiting gel and VIVO lotion after shaving as I would normally. I have to say that my right leg currently does feel a little smoother than my left leg. However, it is possible that this is due to other factors and not the hair inhibiting gel.

Day 2- Both legs are feeling pretty good still but, while I might be biased because I want this to work, I think my right leg is still actually smoother. I applied sunscreen today, but no lotions.

Day 3- No products were put on my legs today, both legs are still okay. They feel smooth enough that I would wear shorts, and they still look smooth.

Day 4-  My legs are looking a little scaley, but I do genuinely think the hairs on my right leg are shorter and fewer than the ones on my left, but they are still there. I am reapplying the moisturizers, but I will be ending the test tomorrow evening because I'm going out on Saturday.

Day 5- I got really excited because I have a date on Saturday and epilated my legs this morning.Now its time for test two!

Test #2

So in an effort to keep these tests accurate I decided to switch legs just to make sure that one of my legs isn't  just magically smoother than the other. I epilated my legs today and applied the Whish gel to my left leg, and the VIVO lotion to my right leg. Having used this product for a little over a week now I am impressed by the moisturizing ability of it, but the scent it SO STRONG. I don't know if I will be able to take this college.

Day 1- Shaved and applied my moisturizers. Both legs feel equally smooth.

Day 2- Still my legs are equally smooth, and I'm wondering if my left leg is just hairier than my right leg. In which case, the last test would be completely invalid.

Day 3- I'm noticing that there are little hairs cropping up on my left leg, my right leg still has no visible hairs. I reapplied the moisturizers to their respective legs.

Day 4- Both have visible hairs on them, I can't tell a difference between them so I'm ending the test now.


Verdict

It's an okay moisturizer, it works much better than most lightweight lotions I've used. If it does work for slowing the growth of hair, the function is minimal. I'm not willing to do more tests because of how strong the scent is. This won't be coming with me to college, but I will pass it on to my mom because she said she wanted to try it. It might work better for people who apply body lotion daily or multiple times per day, but if you're like me in either your aversion to strong fragrances or your lack of routine when it comes to self care don't bother with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment