Monday, July 20, 2015

Getting my Eyebrows Shaped

Before

I got my eyebrows waxed on Friday.

I had never really liked my brows but didn't know what to do or how to go about getting them how I liked them before I got into makeup. Even after I knew about shaping I was way too afraid to ruin them to go about trying to pluck or wax them myself. So, I took the plunge and got them professionally done.













My brows have always been thick caterpillars chilling out above my eyes. When I was a child I  actually had a bit of a unibrow (it runs in the family). Thankfully, after 8 years of plucking and shaving the unibrow doesn't grow back in very much anymore, but my brows were still really thick and messy.  This is an especially bad photo of them, because I was avoiding tweezing anything in preparation for waxing.




After

I chose to go to the Lunch Box because it was a weird name for a waxing salon and they promised me well trained people who would work with me on my eyebrow shape. Also, I was able to book an appointment online.

I was late to that appointment because it took forever to find parking and park properly. However, other than the fact that I realized I was never taught how to parallel park and people walking by gave me judgy looks, the ladies there were very friendly and didn't seem to mind at all. My waxologist was super nice about everything and worked with me to get the shape I wanted while taking into consideration my natural brow. It was a clean, nice looking place and I'd recommend it.





As for the actual waxing I have a pretty decent pain tolerance. I wax my own bikini line and armpits and I already tweezed around my eyebrow's natural shape anyway so it didn't hurt very much. My left eye did close up and water, but that's because I had a swollen tear duct in seventh grade and that eye has never fully cleared up. Sometimes when its windy I look like a crying Disney princess because my one eye just leaks.





I guess the only downside is that getting my brows done wasn't as impactful as I had expected. People talk about eyebrows like they're everything but I don't really see much of a difference. I plan on maintaining this anyway though because I like how clean and purposeful they look without me having to do anything to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment