Saturday, April 25, 2015

Campus Voxbox Unboxing/ Review

**These products were given to me for free by Influenster for review. This in no way influences my review of these products**


 As per usual, there is no padding or anything inside of the Influenster box, yet somehow nothing is broken. I actually really liked this box, just about everything is stuff I would use or have used and owned previously, so while it seems odd to be reviewing such not new products I really liked getting all of this stuff.


 Also, something I thought I should mention that I also got the Carefree Voxbox which came in this teeny tiny hot pink box emblazoned with "Carefree", just so that everyone knows that you just got yourself some menstrual products.  Don't worry, they also made sure to put "Carefree" on all the other sides too.







They broke down the price of each product on this card which was super great.

I didn't actually pay anything for this box, but you should be able to click on this and see how much each of the products would actually cost you to buy.






These are actually really large foil packets, but they are for straightening curly hair. My hair is curly underneath the top layer, but I almost never heat style it and it is even less likely that I'm going to straighten it, but maybe I'll try this?
 I love Soft Lips, I am kind of meh about the cube though. It's a weird shape and I don't find the closure very secure, yet I don't know if the packaging is pretty enough (nor the function so good) that I would go out of my way to keep this as like a vanity lip balm, which is what I think its ideal function would be.

It has a very faint and unoffensive mint smell, but it does feel minty on the lips and sinks in in under ten minutes. Its a fine product, but I think it is not embodying its full potential. What I really want from this is an unscented, unflavored lip balm that sinks in in under five minutes so that I can apply any lip color I want over it that is also packaged so beautifully I adore keeping it on my vanity with my favorite perfume bottles.

St. Ive's Blemish Control Scrub. This is actually a really old product. It was one of the first face cleansers my mother ever bought for me when I was young and if I'm remembering correctly it worked well.

This is paraben free, I actually read the ingredients before I saw the label. As of right now my routine doesn't use such a harsh exfoliant, but I will definitely try this out again once I figure out the best way to incorporate this.

St. Ive's over all is a really good brand, they have affordable good-for-you products. Their lotion is a staple in my house.




Guys, I haven't had Sour Punch Straws in forever, and they are good. I basically ate the whole package in two days, I love them. I am so happy that Influenster sent these to me so that I could rediscover old candy.
The Punchies I am a little less into. I really hate the stupid sugar shell coating people put over candies to try and shake things up. I would much rather just have everyone re-promote the original candy.

The first thing I thought was "this is deep bronze, and I am translucent" but then my best friend got a spray tan and it gave me a modicum of faith about fake tanning so I tried it out on a relatively discreet area (given that it is still cold here and my feet are not exposed much now). I figured it was after prom and since it was sent to me for free I should give it a shot.

It was so orange, any splotchiness was probably my fault because I am new to using a fake tanner though. They told me to use #GoldenLife to talk about this product but if we are being honest my left foot is still coming down from the #OompaLoompaLife.

On the bright side, if you are not translucent my tan lasted for around three days without any of the recommended touch-ups Jergen's tells you to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment