Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Birchbox April 2015 Unboxing

Well this was pretty disappointing. I've been seeing a lot of repeat products too, which could be great if you really enjoyed the product, but kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sampling program, since the idea is that you send people samples for cheap in hopes they will buy the product in the future.

I wasn't in love with this box design, but it wasn't bad.

 Blah blah blah spring (although it was actually less than 50 degrees with wind chill over here so the only spring thing for me right now is the high pollen counts)

They paired with Rifle Paper Co., which I would care about more if I loved paper and cards.


The pillow box this month is a little abused and boring. I mean it is definitely spring but we are now in the middle of April, it has been nearly a month since spring (officially, because we all know spring really starts in early March or mid May depending on if you determine reality by the weather or not) started. Plus this is more of a summer aqua than a spring mint green.











 I don't use traditional shampoo and conditioner, so this is a waste of time for me. I am so sick of getting shampoo and conditioner in my birchboxes.

I am pleased to have this, I LOVE Hello by Harvey Prince, I even wore it today.














 Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lipstain in Sugar (nude pink). It is a nice nude pink, I am working on testing out the actual staining power of it now but that is difficult when it is so close to my actual lip color. I have to say that it didn't do much for my hand though, and I was super concerned when I rubbed it off because I have a lot of events coming up. Cynthia Rowley isn't a bad brand or anything, but I've gotten more powerful lipstains for less than 2$ as of right now.




It is forgiving enough that I would feel comfortable reapplying it with the provided doe foot applicator though, so I will give it that. It is also vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben free so I would say that makes it worth the 20$ price tag.



POP shadows are decent enough, these colors are nice enough too, but they are way over priced. I mean, there are worse eyeshadows, but there are also better eyeshadows. I wouldn't have picked this up for myself either because these are the exact colors I have 8 of already.

My elf shadows are equal in quality, and the palettes are cheaper.




Personal Value and Final Thoughts

Overall, I liked three, two if we're being honest, of the 5 samples this month. The value is still there, but I would feel happier if we would stop getting shampoos and conditioners or at least make them count as one sample so that there is at least a remote possibility that I could like 4/5 of the samples

Shampoo- 3.49$
Conditioner- 3.05$
Eyeshadow sample value- 2.44$
Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain- 10$ (Probably more like 9$, but we got almost half of a full size which is really good)
Hello Body Cream- 1.25$

So my personal value would probably be 11.25$ for this box, which is still more than the cost of the box. Though to be fair it is most likely that the lip stain would cost way way less because you would typically buy a sample like that in a try-it kit of some sort and the body cream sample would probably be 5$ for only a slightly larger sized bottle, marketed as "travel size".

No comments:

Post a Comment