Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Innocent and Twisted Alchemy June 2015 Subscription Unboxing




 This month's theme for i+ta's subscription is based on a character from one of Linda's old comic books named Ethereal who was the subject of her most popular drawing ever (see the angelic powder and it's baby eyeshadow twin). Mostly, I'm excited that she gave us a print of Melusine which she did for Aromaleigh's Ephemera subscription and I love it. It's so pretty I am actually considering framing it and putting it on my wall.


 This is the bag my subscription came in. The back of the bag is actually bright yellow, which is kind of cool, and very summery.

 We only got two bonus samples this month (though it is compensated for with extra products in the actual collection). Included is a sample of a bronzer from DarkHeart Designs, and a sample baggie of Mermaid Tears from Uponaworld Cosmetics, a color specially made for this month's subscription.





Here are closer shots of the jars this month, as always sealed with decorative tape. It usually doesn't do very much, but this month the powder was pretty messy and the tape did a good job keeping me from opening a box of eyeshadow insanity.

We also got another angelic powder, which I am so excited about because I loved the last one, it made it into my favorites and will probably be my go to for special occasions for a long time.



To the left is the new angelic powder, and on the right is the bronzer. The angelic powder is a cool toned pink, goes on beautifully, if you have the right coloring this could be a holy grail level product for you easily. The top of the swatch is heavy, and the bottom blended out. You can see how it settles into the skin and attracts the light without leaving a sheen when blended out, but still gives you the option of applying it heavily for an intense highlight.

The bronzer, is a different story. Of course it doesn't help that the label is illegible and looks like my ten year old sister drew it with a sharpie, but the product itself is patchy and chalky. Once you get past the patchiness though, it has a nice subtle shimmer, kind of a satin finish bronzer. It is too dark for my skin tone, but doesn't pull too orange so I'm sure someone is going to like it.



These swatches are done using my elf eyeshadow brush. The top and main part of the swatch was done using the elf eyeshadow primer, the middle/lower section was with no primer, and the bottom was done over Geek Chic's Power Up Primer.

Left is Mermaid Tears, right is Divine. Next to Mermaid Tears Divine looks very blue but it's actually a strangely well balanced turquoise.






The colors look super matte in the photo above, so I've also included an angled shot so that you can see how glittery these are in real life. Mermaid Tears has a beautiful golden shimmer, while Divine has blue and purple sparks.









From top to bottom: Breaking Down, Ethereal's Tears, and Voiceless

Breaking Down definitely benefits the most from a primer, and it is a very interesting shadow because depending on the primer you use it can look completely different. I'd say you can get like three distinct shades out of this.

Ethereal's Tears has one of the better formulas, I think it applies the most consistently out of all of Linda's shadows this month.

Voiceless is a much more shimmery shadow in person, but it is subtly shimmery like it almost wants to be a satin finish.



Also, here is a picture of the swatches after I gave them a decent rub with my hand.





Final Thoughts/ Value

i+ta deluxe sample shadows (4) = 12$
i+ta angelic powder deluxe sample = 6$ (?, no idea, this is just a conservative estimate)
DarkHeart Designs bronzer sample= 1$ (? also a conservative estimate, it is likely more)
Uponaworld sample= 1$

Total Retail Value (w/o shipping) = 20$

As always, this box goes way beyond its actual cost (12$ shipping included), and now I'm interested in looking into Uponaworld shadows because I adore Mermaid Tears, it has a fantastic formula. I am glad we got to see some bright fun colors for summer, though most of these products will be getting passed onto a friend this month so the personal value wasn't there for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment