Monday, May 11, 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Box Summer 2015 Review and Unboxing

 This is the Fortune Cookie Soap Box for Summer of 2015. It is Peter Pan themed.

For those of you who don't know Fortune Cookie Soap Box is a seasonal subscription box from an indie company called Fortune Cookie Soap (FCS). Each season they come out with a new collection and this box contains samples of a bunch of the new scents and various products from said collection. Usually these collections are fandom/pop culture themed in some form. For example, my very first box was a Wicked themed box.



Subscribers are always guaranteed a 10$ off gift certificate for something in the shop (it never expires but you can't stack the codes together which is unfortunate), a full size fortune cookie soap, a full size hand sanitizer and a mini body butter.

This month we ended up getting a bunch of new products from FCS. Also, the tiny feather is adorable. I am always really pleased with their sample packaging as well, it is very high quality.

I tend to like their spring/summer scents more than their winter scents. This box did not overwhelm me with fragrance upon opening, it was very light.

 This is too small to see right now, but you should be able to enlarge this on your screen so you can read the fragrances.

Guys, I am so excited about this. It is a vegetable protein deodorant! A lot of indie companies tend to use vegetable protein deodorants, the differences between them are smell and maybe the use of certain ingredients like baking soda.

It smells a little fruity, mildly floral, not too far off from what you would find in a woman's deodorant at the store but different enough that it is unique.

According to the card it is supposed to be a bright green apple fragrance with a tropical twist, which is pretty on point.
Next, the Tink! hand sanitizer. It is glittery but not invasively so. It smells mostly like delicious coconut, but with some green apple to it. I actually really like it, for those of you who want a summery scent or a coconut scent without having to be stuck with pineapple all the time, this is perfect.

In actuality, according to their card it is supposed to be fresh cherries and cream, with toasted coconut and a dusting of powdered sugar. I can see the cream and powdered sugar (the toasted coconut it actually perfect, it smells exactly how toasted coconut tastes), but I'm not feeling the cherries.
This is a shower steamer (the best things ever by the way). It smells clean and soapy with some floral and a little fruitness to it.

This is called The Captain, and it is supposed to be dewy magnolias and wild berries drenched in fresh cream.
This teeny tiny lip balm looks pink but is actually clear. It smells exactly like pez but before that I had described it as smarties and watermelon, maybe a little citrus and a floral.

I was right about the watermelon and citrus. The other things I was smelling were pineapple and coconut water, which makes sense in hindsight.  Also, this lipbalm is so cute, it is smaller than my pinky.




 This is a mini salt scrub that came in the box. I am eh about salt scrubs, because while they are a bit grittier than a sugar scrub I can only use them without causing myself pain when I can guarantee I have absolutely not cuts on my hands or legs, which is basically never. I mean, it doesn't sting that bad, but I feel like walnut shells could accomplish the same thing without hurting me.

It smells like lemon-lime, which makes sense because they describe it as a tropical margarita.
 Mermaid Lagoon is a miniature spray perfume. It looks to be an oil based perfume that had some liquids added to it so that it would spray properly. The oils separate from the liquid, so you have to shake it. It may stain clothing, which makes me not want to spray it on my body for fear of getting oil stains on my clothes.

It is kind of fun because it shakes into a turquoise but settles into a green lagoony liquid with a white bubble at the bottom. It smells like a tropical buttered popcorn jelly bean in the bottle. It sprays out as turquoise colored goo and smells still vaguely buttered popcorny but mostly just indistinctly fruity.
 This is the body butter or "whipped cream", this season everyone got the scent Lost Boys. It smells like indistinct fruits, possibly berries. I do like the scent, but I could never tell you what it is.

Apparently, it is actually apricots and peaches.
 Finally, we have the soap which is not as impressive as it looks in their spoiler photos, but is still really pretty. It smells like berries, and reminds me a little of Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works.

It is in fact, crushed berries and mint leaves with a splash of pomelo and iced sugarcane.

I don't know what pomelo is, but I like this scent.


No comments:

Post a Comment